The health of a company is partly determined by how financially sound it is. Strong financial management is not only a precursor for growth, but also, a requirement for lenders and investors. We take a long term view to building sound accounting and financial protocols. The first step is to take a good in-depth look at what is going on currently, from many different angles. We utilize all the key ratios and analytic tools including; Quick ratio, acid test, return on assets, days of inventory, days of receivables, burn rate, and a host of others. Once we have an understanding of the current environment we develop a comprehensive plan to improve the areas needing attention; as well as putting in place monitoring protocols to ensure performance stays top quartile.
Financial management, cash flow, strategic budgeting, accounting procedures
- Manage and coach the existing accounting department
- Improve cash flow, banking relationships and facilities, monitor covenants.
- Enhance the financial and management reporting
- Analyze all relevant key Ratios
- Implement budgeting and cash flow forecasts
- Upgrade of procedures and internal controls
Negotiation and due diligence reviews for acquisitions
- Develop strategy for acquisition/divestiture
- Negotiation of terms of acquisition/divestiture
- In depth review of business of target company to minimize risk of:
- Verify that business is what you were "sold"
- Liaison with lawyers, tax specialists, accountants and other professional advisors
- Post acquisition implementation of strategy
Sourcing of financing
- Assessment of capacity and appropriate sources
- Angels and venture capital
- Banks & other institutions
- Asset based e.g. factoring, sale and lease back, etc.
- Implementation and control (post closing)
IPO's, mergers and acquisitions
- Manage the entire process
- Negotiation with investment dealers, vendors and other parties
- Liaison with professional firms (lawyers and auditors)
- Completion of documentation
- Allow management to focus on the business
Corporate governance and board effectiveness
- Review of board policies, guidelines and effectiveness
- Review of committees (executive, compensation, audit, etc.)
- Board composition - do you have the right people?
- Member of board of directors
Plutus Consulting Group